Are you itching to be part of a forward-thinking and innovative tech company? Keen for your work to make a direct impact on millions of other people’s lives, while longing to participate in a high-growth industry?
Your.MD is at the forefront of artificial intelligence (AI) development, having created one of the world’s most advanced chatbots that uses neural networks, machine learning & natural language processing – together with the knowledge of real doctors – to help improve the health of people all around the world.
If you take pride in your work, want to contribute to something amazing and work collaboratively with highly skilled and compassionate people that genuinely care (and enjoy a good laugh along the way!), then read on...
Reporting directly to the VP Product, you will head up and champion UX at Your.MD. This is a role that requires vision, experience, mentorship and the ability to work well across different teams. A positive, empathetic personality is as essential as your extensive UX portfolio.
We prefer people who are:
Pragmatic and focus on solutions that are simple and effective more than elegant and complicated
Caring: we want to bring the best health information to everyone. We can't do it if our team is not caring. Caring means caring about others, your team members, the work you do and the impact of what you do on other people.
Forward-thinking: we want to work with forward thinking people. Why? Because they are good at prioritising, they don't waste time on the wrong things, they enjoy helping their colleagues and sharing their expertise. They are humble and more helpful.
About the role
- Design best-in-class user experiences and clear, systematic information architecture across all our products and endpoints.
- Develop detailed, annotated wireframes and accompanying documentation that specify functionality and behaviour to a developer.
- Collaborate with our Product Designers / visual designers and other teams where required.
- Work towards delivering Product/market fit in our hero product whilst helping deliver on existing KPIs.
- Plan and execute user research, including usability testing, surveys, focus groups, ethnography, and guerrilla-style testing.
- Use data to inform your chosen direction within our products and articulate this regularly.
- Work with users to understand their needs and pain points and to identify opportunities for improvement and new ideas.
- Use strategic frameworks to inform the above and provide insights into chosen methods for the wider product team.
- Articulate documentation, presentations and artboards that provide validation for exploratory work, work scoped and results of research or insights.
- Provide sketches, wireframes and prototypes using your experience in the various tools of the trade.
- Be across developments in UX, trends in not only strategy but tooling, software and methods. Challenge the norm with your own experience.
- Plan, participate in (and sometimes lead) workshops with colleagues and/or management or our partners.
- Approach every problem with a lean UX mindset, supporting product quality, innovation, and rapid time to market.
- Lead UX at Your.MD and mentor the product team providing education and vision.
Who you'll work with
- Our product managers and designers that take ideas from concept to implementation.
- Our Medical Specialists provide the Clinical information our AI platform requires.
- Our technical team implement ideas using a variety of front-end and back-end technologies.
- A seasoned User Experience professional with agency experience and commercial exposure and track record in leading the full product life cycle.
- You’ll need to lead from the front, showcasing strong technical expertise as well as the willingness to get stuck in and lead complex design and build projects across our product portfolio.
- You have the ability and empathy to inspire others to deliver great work.
- Experience in line management, mentoring and development of a UX team.
- As a figurehead for UX a key element of this role will be to implement and inspire the continuous improvement of best practice, communication and mentorship in the team. Relationship building at all levels will be essential as we’re looking for a motivational leader who will drive the team to succeed.
- Possess knowledge of accessibility requirements and user centric design principles.
- Your focus is UX, but you have a calling and affinity for other areas of the product development process and a strong appreciation of UI.
- You have 5+ years of experience designing for consumer-focused tech and/or agencies.
- You have experience designing for all devices, and interest in new and emerging technologies.
- You have an interest in and experience working with digital strategies or collaborating with digital strategists.
- You are comfortable working toward pixel-perfection or with low-fi sketches, depending on need.
- You can bring your designs to life with a number of UX, design and prototyping tools including Sketch, Principle, Invision, and the Adobe Creative Suite.
- You are familiar with working in an agile environment.
- You are driven by a people-centred design approach reinforced with the use of data, analytics, user feedback and relevant metrics.
- You want to learn and grow in your discipline, and regularly seek feedback from coworkers to help you do so.
- You have an online portfolio that demonstrates your process and thinking, from sketches to iteration to launch and beyond.
- You will be able to demonstrate and provide tangible evidence of your experience at interview showing the team your portfolio in detail.
- Any experience in healthcare / medical or fitness apps is a bonus.
What we offer
- An exceptional opportunity to positively impact large numbers of people around the world – both where the wait to see a doctor is too long, or those with poor or no healthcare.
- Participate in the burgeoning digital health industry.
- Work at the forefront of artificial intelligence (AI) development.
- Work with an ambitious and dynamic team who support and learn from one another.
- The opportunity for personal and professional development in an open environment where ideas and opinions are encouraged.
- A remuneration package including stock options, gym, office snacks and other benefits.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
Please an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (email@example.com) containing your CV, Cover Letter (One page max.)