Are you itching to be part of a forward-thinking and innovative tech company? Keen for your work to make a direct impact on millions of other people’s lives, while longing to participate in a high-growth industry?
Your.MD is at the forefront of artificial intelligence (AI) development, having created one of the world’s most advanced chatbots that uses neural networks, machine learning & natural language processing – together with the knowledge of real doctors – to help improve the health of people all around the world.
If you take pride in your work, want to contribute to something amazing and work collaboratively with highly skilled and compassionate people that genuinely care (and enjoy a good laugh along the way!), then read on...
Reporting directly to the VP Product, you will champion Product Design at Your.MD. This is a role that requires vision, experience, mentorship and the ability to work well across different teams. A positive, empathetic personality is as essential as your extensive product / design portfolio.
We prefer people who are:
- Pragmatic and focus on solutions that are simple and effective more than elegant and complicated
- Caring: we want to bring the best health information to everyone. We can't do it if our team is not caring. Caring means caring about others, your team members, the work you do and the impact of what you do on other people.
- Forward-thinking: we want to work with forward thinking people. Why? Because they are good at prioritising, they don't waste time on the wrong things, they enjoy helping their colleagues and sharing their expertise. They are humble and more helpful.
About the role
- Design best-in-class experiences validated by analytical insights.
- Be in charge of a design from concepts, sketches and prototypes, all the way through to implementation.
- Be accountable for every feature you design - from the very first sketch through to implementation, you’ll drive all stages of the design process along with our UX Principal.
- Collaborate with our UX Principal and other members of the Product team. Liaise with broader team to incorporate feedback into design and share the vision behind your implementation
- Have an affinity with users and a practical approach to design
- Have a strong point of view on the current design landscape, and know the right tool for the job. Whether that's sketching, Sketch, Principle, Framer, Invision, Adobe Creative Suite or straight-up HTML.
- Work towards delivering Product/market fit in our hero product whilst helping deliver on existing KPIs.
- Provide sketches, wireframes and prototypes using your experience in the various tools of the trade.
- Plan, participate in (and sometimes lead) workshops with colleagues and/or management or our partners.
- Think big on design - we’re a start up and this is your opportunity to make a strong impact early on.
- Be able to work across various streams and projects.
Who you'll work with
- Our product managers and designers that take ideas from concept to implementation.
- Our Medical Specialists provide the Clinical information our AI platform requires.
- Our technical team implement ideas using a variety of front-end and back-end technologies.
- An experienced Product Designer who is able to show us a portfolio with detailed examples of beautiful interaction design.
- Someone who is empathetic to user needs but understands business and technical constraints.
- The ability to marry beautiful visuals with superlative experiences.
- You’re passionate about inclusive design and accessibility, and you’ll design with all our users in mind (not just the ones that look like our team).
- Experience mentoring, managing and development of a product team - you’ll need to guide our more junior designers through our growth period.
- You have experience designing for all devices, and interest in new and emerging technologies.
- You are comfortable working toward pixel-perfection or with low-fi sketches, depending on need.
- You are familiar with working in an agile environment.
- You have a people-centered design approach, and are constantly looking to improve your decisions through user feedback.
- You are driven by user needs as defined by data, analytics and metrics.
- You want to learn and grow in your discipline, and regularly seek feedback from coworkers to help you do so.
- You have the ability and empathy to inspire others to deliver great work.
- You have an online portfolio that demonstrates your process and thinking, from sketches to iteration to launch and beyond.
- Enhanced influencing skills to deliver excellent designs through team working.
- You will be able to demonstrate and provide tangible evidence of your experience at interview showing the team your portfolio in detail.
- Experience designing and shipping impactful products at scale.
- Any experience in healthcare / medical or fitness apps is a bonus.
What we offer
- An exceptional opportunity to positively impact large numbers of people around the world – both where the wait to see a doctor is too long, or those with poor or no healthcare
- Participate in the burgeoning digital health industry
- Work at the forefront of artificial intelligence (AI) development
- Work with an ambitious and dynamic team who support and learn from one another
- The opportunity for personal and professional development in an open environment where ideas and opinions are encouraged
- A remuneration package including stock options, gym, office snacks and other benefits
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
Please an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (email@example.com) containing your CV, Cover Letter (One page max.)