Are you itching to be part of a forward-thinking and innovative tech company? Keen for your work to make a direct impact on the world and people’s lives, and to be part of a high-growth industry where opportunities are rife?
Your.MD is at the forefront of artificial intelligence (AI) development, having created one of the world’s most advanced domain-specific applied AI platforms, using chatbots, statistical algorithms, neural networks, machine learning & natural language processing – together with the knowledge of real doctors – to help improve the health of people all around the world.
If you take pride in your work, want to be part of something amazing and work collaboratively with talented and friendly people that genuinely care (and enjoy a good laugh along the way!), then take a look at our jobs! We’re looking for people like you to join us in playing a vital role in changing the way people access healthcare, forever.
Data is the life-blood of YourMD, and the recent explosion of capabilities in data science and machine learning are the very reason why the YourMD platform can do the amazing things it can do. But we're only just getting started. We have developed a world-leading AI and data service in the first phase of our business, with an emphasis on innovation, openness and trust, and we are now building on that, expanding our team of data scientists - our resident experts in applying scientific thinking, applied statistics & mathematics, analytics, machine learning and experimental design.
To apply, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
A key role in the development of the AI ‘brain’ that simulate the thought process of a doctor and helps people around the world. As one of the most powerful applied healthcare artificial intelligence services in the world, this is rare opportunity to be part of an industry that is at the forefront of technology, building a great business, and that also has a real positive impact.
The Data & Machine Learning Scientist will be a key part of our highly-skilled and collaborative cross-discipline team, and will be making use of our vast wealth of data to build more accurate services and more contextual, relevant products. For example you will be responsible for developing models, prototypes and solutions for the AI and data insight components of our platform and services, and the products and user interactions that they enable that deliver health information and medical assistance to people around the world.
Reporting to one of senior data scientists, you will work closely with product managers and medical experts, as well as cross-technology teams of other data scientists, and software and devops engineers, in all stages of product research and inception, prototyping, development, release and accuracy and performance improvement.
- This will involve working on areas such as natural language processing, domain-specific embeddings, intent determination, data categorisation and classification, translation, medical consultation, advanced search, and data pattern analysis, and will involve using combinations of statistical and machine learning techniques.
- Working in an agile team, applying an innovative approach to your work. Exploratory data analysis and feature extraction, Model development, Data driven problem solving and creating imaginative solutions
- Solution and product ideation, prototyping, developing, engineering, release and improvement
- Continuously improving your own skills, and also assisting and supporting others (e.g. less experienced colleagues in the AI team, and doctor colleagues who are medical experts but not experts in data science)
- Keeping up to speed on the latest data science and AI trends, capabilities and research and coming up with ideas about how to apply them to our domain and the needs of our users
- The right candidates will very likely have relevant advanced qualifications in data science, machine learning or a related field
- Good knowledge of both statistical algorithms and machine learning, with significant practical work experience in at least one (solely academic or even self taught experience of the other is fine as long as its serious, high quality work)
- Demonstrable expertise in data analysis, data-driven problem solving, model development, feature extract and engineering, and conception of imaginative but practical solutions
- Strong knowledge in particular of using Python in data science and machine learning, and of the major relevant Python libraries (Scikit-Learn, NumPy, Pandas, SciPy etc). You'll probably be proficient in other relevant prototyping and development environments also (e.g. R, Java, Julia etc)
- Experience with a major machine learning technologies such as TensorFlow, PyTorch and Keras, ideally having deployed production-grade training and inference solutions with these technologies
- Of course strong knowledge of data platforms, including relational databases and search platforms (E.g. ElasticSearch or Solr), NOSQL databases and/or OLAP
- The more expertise with data visualisation tools (e.g. d3.js, matplotlib, Tableau etc) the better
- Experience with branching software version control, ideally of git in particular
- Good communication skills are essential, as is an ability to be proactive and collegiate and help us continue to build on our vibrant, open, self-organising culture
What We Offer:
- A huge and rare opportunity to make a difference to millions of people around the world – both where the wait to see a doctor is too long or those with poor or no healthcare
- Be part of the burgeoning digital health industry, building one of the next great UK-based tech company brands
- Work at the forefront of artificial intelligence (AI) development - indeed be at the core of an AI company rather than applying your data science skills into a incremental improvements in businesses where AI is a side-note
- Support to develop world-class solutions, and develop your skills
- Work with an industry-leading dynamic team who support and learn from one another
- The opportunity for personal and professional development in an open environment where ideas and opinions are encouraged
- Good work environment, great central office location in Soho (although it's an office-based role, there is flexibility for some home or remote working)
An attractive compensation package will be constructed consisting of base salary (market rates, range depending on experience) plus a bonus linked to individual performance and contribution to delivery the company’s objectives. In addition, you will participate in a stock option plan for this fast-growing business. Last but not least, in order to keep you healthy in mind and body, we’ll also cover your gym membership!