Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia
Are you itching to be part of a forward-thinking and innovative tech company? Keen for your work to make a direct impact on other people’s lives, while longing to be part of a high-growth industry? Your.MD is at the forefront of artificial intelligence (AI) development, having created one of the world’s most advanced chatbots that uses neural networks, machine learning & natural language processing – together with the knowledge of real doctors – to help improve the health of people all around the world.
If you take pride in your work, want to be part of something amazing and work collaboratively with talented and friendly people that genuinely care (and enjoy a good laugh along the way!), then take a look at our jobs! We’re looking for people like YOU to join us in playing a vital role in changing the way people access healthcare, forever.
To apply, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
A unique opportunity has opened up to play a key role in the development and maintenance of the back-end architecture for an AI ‘brain’ that has been designed to simulate the thought process of a doctor. As the most powerful healthcare chatbot in the world, this is rare opportunity to be part of an industry that is at the forefront of AI development.
The Backend Engineer will be responsible for development of our state-of-the-art back-end services, developed using both trusted open-source micro-services architecture and proprietary services. He/she will work closely with the product managers and developers in all stages of product development, release and maintenance.
- Maintenance of existing backend systems
- Development of new backend systems to support the company’s growing AI capabilities
- Drafting future backend infrastructure
- Continuously improving technical skills
- Work with product managers to understand business needs and priorities; work with developers to help clarify issues and brainstorm fix/enhancement options
- 2+ years’ experience
- Strong knowledge of Java programming language and jvm platform
- Hands-on knowledge and hands-on experience with spring-mvc, spring-boot and spring-data
- Knowledge of REST, HTTP
- Strong knowledge of SQL, Java JPA, Hibernate
- Familiarity with reactive programming (rxjava)
- Knowledge of groovy is a plus
- Familiarity with netflix-oss is a great plus
- Good knowledge of git SCM
- Strong beliefs in test-driven-development
- Familiarity with scripting languages (python, ruby,…)
- Business English is essential
What We Offer:
- A huge and rare opportunity to make a difference to millions of people around the world – both where the wait to see a doctor is too long or those with poor or no healthcare
- Be part of the burgeoning digital health industry
- Work at the forefront of artificial intelligence (AI) development
- Work with a young and dynamic team who support and learn from one another
- The opportunity for personal and professional development in an open environment where ideas and opinions are encouraged
An attractive compensation package will be constructed consisting of base salary (range of €35k to €50k depending on experience) plus a bonus linked to individual performance and contribution to delivery the company’s objectives. In addition, you will participate in a stock option plan for this fast-growing business. Last but not least, in order to keep you healthy in mind and body, we’ll also cover your gym membership!